Topic: Amavisd Config or Documentation Changes

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.6.2
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?Installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Rocky 9.1
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):MariaDB
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?No
- Related error message: Config file "/etc/amavisd.conf" does not exist, at /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/Amavis/Conf.pm line 1982.
====

Hi,
by now I've successfully installed iRedMail numerous times, so I'm familiar with the process. This time I'm carefully following the documentation and read (in the DKIM section of https://docs.iredmail.org/setup.dns.htm … kim-record ):

And verify it with Amavisd:

# amavisd testkeys
TESTING: dkim._domainkey.mydomain.com       => pass
If it shows pass, it works.

But I just get:

[root@elm etc]# amavisd testkeys
Config file "/etc/amavisd.conf" does not exist, at /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/Amavis/Conf.pm line 1982. 

This makes sense, since amavisd.conf is in /etc/amavisd/ -- why is it looking in the parent directory?

I don't think I've done anything unusual, as I'm trying to do a "vanilla" install, but I could have missed something. Has anything changed?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Amavisd Config or Documentation Changes

I found the same basic issue in other places around the web.

https://jaspreetchahal.org/config-file- … not-exist/ suggests creating a symlink, which I did and the problem is resolved.

Nevertheless the iRedMail document is wrong / misleading and/or the installer is misconfiguring something, because the command doesn't work on some distros (Rocky in this case, but presumably all the other Fedora-based distros too).

I guess it should be fixed or an explanatory note should be added in the document.

Re: Amavisd Config or Documentation Changes

evenmoreconfused wrote:

[root@elm etc]# amavisd testkeys

Run it with '-c' argument to specify config file path:

amavisd -c /etc/amavisd/amavisd.conf testkeys