Topic: Unable to send email to alias from outside domain despite accesspolicy

iRedMail version: 1.6.2 PGSQL edition
Deployed with downloadable installer
Ubuntu 22.04
Store mail accouts with PGSQL
Web server: nginx
Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro: No

I have created an alias in my iredmail system and setup forwards, by directly inserting values as mentioned in the docs. I'm unable to post the link to the doc here, but its the sql.create.mail.alias.html one. I have set the accesspolicy to 'public' for the alias. I am able to send email to the alias from within the domain, but when trying to send an email from outside, like Gmail, the email bounces.

The error message shown in Gmail is:
The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect.
Learn more at google-support-url
[mydomain.com xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: timed out]

I'm unable to find anything in the logs regarding this attempt at receiving email from the system. Does anyone know what the issue is or how I can troubleshoot it?

Thanks in advance,
arun

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Unable to send email to alias from outside domain despite accesspolicy

mydomain.com xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: timed out

seems like you have port 25 blocked by your provider

Cthulhu wrote:

But other email from Gmail comes through to my domain. I'm able to write an email to user@mydomain.com from Gmail, just not to this alias.

Then i can't tell you without proper information about what IP and what domain is affected

arunk wrote:
Cthulhu wrote:

But other email from Gmail comes through to my domain. I'm able to write an email to user@mydomain.com from Gmail, just not to this alias.

But for some reason it appears that allowing traffic on port 25 resolved the issue. Thanks Cthulhu!