Topic: Unable to restore iRedmail LDAP
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.6.2
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Downloadable Installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Rocky Linux 8.7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
I was running a testbed machine with iRedmail 1.6.2 on Ubuntu earlier with LDAP as mail backend. Due to certain limitations, I reinstalled the OS with Rocky Linux, but before that I took a backup of /var/vmail/vmail1/ and LDAP configuration as an .ldif file.
However before I get to what the problem is, I want to let you know that two domains were hosted on the earlier machine call it abc.com and def.com. On the new Rocky Linux machine I have a totally new domain xyz.com on which I am trying to restore the older two domains, expecting all three to co-exist.
Is this possible in the first place...? I followed the instructions given by iRedmail to restore LDAP, but when I issue the command
sudo slapadd -f /etc/openldap/slapd.conf -l ./2023-03-02-03-00-01.ldif, I get an error
6408d19e The first database does not allow slapadd; using the first available one (2)
slapadd: line 1: database #2 (dc=xyz,dc=com) not configured to hold "dc=abc,dc=com"; no database configured for that naming context
_ 1.48% eta none elapsed none spd 5.7 M/s
Could anyone kindly let me know what I am doing wrong here...?
----Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Stable release is out.