1 (edited by blueaquan 2023-03-09 02:23:57)

Topic: Unable to restore iRedmail LDAP

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.6.2
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Downloadable Installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Rocky Linux 8.7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

I was running a testbed machine with iRedmail 1.6.2 on Ubuntu earlier with LDAP as mail backend.  Due to certain limitations, I reinstalled the OS with Rocky Linux, but before that I took a backup of /var/vmail/vmail1/ and LDAP configuration as an .ldif file.
However before I get to what the problem is, I want to let you know that two domains were hosted on the earlier machine call it abc.com and def.com.  On the new Rocky Linux machine I have a totally new domain xyz.com on which I am trying to restore the older two domains, expecting all three to co-exist.

Is this possible in the first place...? I followed the instructions given by iRedmail to restore LDAP, but when I issue the command

sudo slapadd -f /etc/openldap/slapd.conf -l ./2023-03-02-03-00-01.ldif, I get an error

6408d19e The first database does not allow slapadd; using the first available one (2)
slapadd: line 1: database #2 (dc=xyz,dc=com) not configured to hold "dc=abc,dc=com"; no database configured for that naming context
_                       1.48% eta   none elapsed            none spd   5.7 M/s
Closing DB...

Could anyone kindly let me know what I am doing wrong here...?

Thanks, Best

BA

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Unable to restore iRedmail LDAP

blueaquan wrote:

6408d19e The first database does not allow slapadd; using the first available one (2)

This is the `cn=monitor` database, it's a runtime database and no data should / can be restored, so this output message is expected.

blueaquan wrote:

slapadd: line 1: database #2 (dc=xyz,dc=com) not configured to hold "dc=abc,dc=com"; no database configured for that naming context

The LDAP suffix in LDIF file must exist in your ldap server.
Since iRedMail uses only one database, which means the ldap suffix defined in slapd.conf must be the same one in your LDIF file.