Topic: Unable To Send Or Receive Emails
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.6.1 MARIADB edition
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? I do believe it was a downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 10
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MARIADB
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
I'm no longer able to send or receive emails after upgrading from 1.3.2 to 1.6.1.
After doing a little digging I discovered that the amavis service was not running.
I get the following message when I try to start the service...
root@mail:~# systemctl start amavis
Job for amavis.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See "systemctl status amavis.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
This is what it says when I run: systemctl status amavis.service
amavis.service - LSB: Starts amavisd-new mailfilter
Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/amavis; generated)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sun 2023-03-12 08:45:08 UTC; 2min 0s ago
Process: 4480 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/amavis start (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
Mar 12 08:45:08 mail.server.com systemd: Starting LSB: Starts amavisd-new mailfilter...
Mar 12 08:45:08 mail.server.com amavis: Starting amavisd: Error in config file "/etc/amavis/conf.d/50-user": syntax error at /etc/amavis/conf.d/
Mar 12 08:45:08 mail.server.com amavis: (failed).
Mar 12 08:45:08 mail.server.com systemd: amavis.service: Control process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Mar 12 08:45:08 mail.server.com systemd: amavis.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Mar 12 08:45:08 mail.server.com systemd: Failed to start LSB: Starts amavisd-new mailfilter.
I have no idea how to fix this, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
----Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Stable release is out.