1 (edited by chris123 2023-03-13 06:04:20)

Topic: Unable To Send Or Receive Emails

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.6.1 MARIADB edition
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? I do believe it was a downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 10
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MARIADB
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

I'm no longer able to send or receive emails after upgrading from 1.3.2 to 1.6.1.

After doing a little digging I discovered that the amavis service was not running.

I get the following message when I try to start the service...

root@mail:~# systemctl start amavis
Job for amavis.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See "systemctl status amavis.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

This is what it says when I run: systemctl status amavis.service

amavis.service - LSB: Starts amavisd-new mailfilter
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/amavis; generated)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sun 2023-03-12 08:45:08 UTC; 2min 0s ago
     Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)
  Process: 4480 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/amavis start (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Mar 12 08:45:08 mail.server.com systemd[1]: Starting LSB: Starts amavisd-new mailfilter...
Mar 12 08:45:08 mail.server.com amavis[4480]: Starting amavisd: Error in config file "/etc/amavis/conf.d/50-user": syntax error at /etc/amavis/conf.d/
Mar 12 08:45:08 mail.server.com amavis[4480]: (failed).
Mar 12 08:45:08 mail.server.com systemd[1]: amavis.service: Control process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Mar 12 08:45:08 mail.server.com systemd[1]: amavis.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Mar 12 08:45:08 mail.server.com systemd[1]: Failed to start LSB: Starts amavisd-new mailfilter.

I have no idea how to fix this, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Unable To Send Or Receive Emails

I figured it out.

In the /etc/amavis/conf.d/50-user file

I changed @av_scanners_backup = (); back to @av_scanners_backup = (

Everything appears to be working now...