Topic: Alternative NGINX SSL Port

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.6.2 Pro
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 22.04LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Was wondering how to properly update the default SSL port from 443 to an alternative for the iRedMail environment.

Have looked at a few other forum topics and tried their suggestions...and yes I have looked thru Google for some topics that would assist....and still not luck in achieving something like server : 8443/iredadmin

Have modified the /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/00-default-ssl.conf to alter the Listening ports, even the 00-default.conf, and the sogo.tmpl in the /etc/nginx/templates directory without any success on alternative port

I have even restarted/reloaded nginx via /etc/init.d/nginx restart

And notice no issues when checking the status /etc/init.d/nginx status

Running out of ideas....anyone have a clue on how to accomplish this?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Alternative NGINX SSL Port

Even if you change the default port, external noone will know that it is not the defaut port and you need to specify the new port while connecting

Aswell, did you enable the port in your firewall config?
And what is the reason to change ports?

Changing port(s) in /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/*.conf should be enough. How did you verify the changed ports?

As @Cthulhu mentioned, did you open the port(s) in firewall?

furmwaffe wrote:

Have modified the /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/00-default-ssl.conf to alter the Listening ports, even the 00-default.conf, and the sogo.tmpl in the /etc/nginx/templates directory without any success on alternative port

What do you mean "without any success"? How did you verify it?

Cthulhu wrote:

Even if you change the default port, external noone will know that it is not the defaut port and you need to specify the new port while connecting

Aswell, did you enable the port in your firewall config?
And what is the reason to change ports?

Port is open in firewall config. Need to change port as have another tcp/443 system running on separate machine.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
furmwaffe wrote:

What do you mean "without any success"? How did you verify it?

After effecting the change in the conf file and restarting the nginx service I ran a netstat -anb | grep nginx and saw the new port being actively listened on, however going to a browser using the new port trying to access iredadmin the connection times out/unable to connect. But reverting back to 443 works

Alright, I figured it out and got it working. I had missed a : within one of the config files.

Thank you for everyone's input and suggestions. This is resolved.