Topic: Sending a message larger

- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
Ubuntu Server 22.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
MariaDB
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====
Good afternoon
Faced a problem with sending messages to other users with attached files.
The limit on the size of the attachment has been increased (up to 100 MB). Files can be added.
But when sending, such a message appears.
I checked these files on gmail and he calmly sends them with their original sizes.
What to do?

Post's attachments

1.png 150.31 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Sending a message larger

the screenshot clearly says that the limit for message on dest server is about 35MB.
stop sending huge files through mail, it was not designed to work so. implement something like nextcloud and send them links

Thanks for the advice!
The problem is that before the transition, gmail sent files of this weight to this addressee

Who cares what was before? Now it says there is a limit. You can ask admins if they set any limits to mail attachment size.

5 (edited by tractor19 2023-08-22 17:23:07)

OK. What solution can you recommend? Use nextcloud?

for large files you can use google disk, MS onedrive. you can install your own nextcloud. there are lots of options. i prefer my own nextcloud for such attachments.

Let's say your attachment is 50MB, after you insert / attach it to an email, the email will be (base64)  encoded and its size increases about 30%, so the final email becomes ~= 65MB.

You should do this simple math while setting message size.

dave.opc wrote:

for large files you can use google disk, MS onedrive. you can install your own nextcloud. there are lots of options. i prefer my own nextcloud for such attachments.

Thanks for the advice!
Can you suggest links to instructions for collaboration between nextcloud and iRedMail?

there is no collaboration. nextcloud is standalone server, where you upload your files, and then can share them with links