Topic: Can't send email in ubuntu 18.04

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.9
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Downloadable installer in https://bitbucket.org/zhb/iredmail/down … .9.tar.bz2
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 18.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MariaDB
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Dear,

I install iRedMail 0.9.9 and I can't send email.

I use let's encrypt for SSL certification. I also configured the DKIM and SPF in my DNS.

What is the possible cause of this issue ?

I attached the error log to this topic.

Thanks.
Noel

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Can't send email in ubuntu 18.04

Please extract relevant error log from Postfix log file (/var/log/maillog) and paste here, so that others can help troubleshoot.

When I send email, I have this message in the mail.log

Mar 11 15:05:02 mail postfix/smtp[7534]: 44HtDD1qblz8fglR: conversation with aspmx.l.google.com[173.194.76.27] timed out while receiving the initial server greeting
Mar 11 15:10:02 mail postfix/smtp[7534]: 44HtDD1qblz8fglR: conversation with alt1.aspmx.l.google.com[74.125.131.27] timed out while receiving the initial server greeting

I have already check that the port number 25 is open because I receive email.

I also open the port 587, 110, 995, 143, 993. Must I open other port ?

Thanks

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Please extract relevant error log from Postfix log file (/var/log/maillog) and paste here, so that others can help troubleshoot.

Can you send email to other mail servers like @outlook.com, @hotmail.com?
It looks like your ISP blocks port 25 for outbound traffic.