Topic: Throttle quota exceeded - goes to wrong address
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.9 Mysql
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): Mysql
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
I have been testing throttling for outbound mails before going live with the feature. On my test account, I can set a limit of 2 mails per minute and when I exceed that limit, the recipient address I was sending to gets a message with subject "Throttle quota exceeded". But, I think the intention here is that the SENDING address, the one with the sending limit, should instead receive this message.
Also, the message is a bit terse. It should be more verbose and say something like:
You have exceeded your quota for sent mail for this time period and no further mail submission can be processed from your account at this time.
Detail information below:
Thanks for iredmail.