Topic: Specfic throttle limits - cc: / bcc:

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.9
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  SQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): NGINX
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

So I have some questions about sender throttling:

If I want to limit my users to, say, 150 messages per day... How is the limit counted? For example, if the user sends one message that is CC or BCC 20,000 users, does it count as a single message or 20,000?

Second, from a CLI or elsewhere, how can I determine what iredmail thinks of the current throttle threshholds per user? Like if I want to investigate a user and learn how many emails have been sent durring the current throttle period, how can I determine this?

Thank you.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Specfic throttle limits - cc: / bcc:

yourtownonline wrote:

If I want to limit my users to, say, 150 messages per day... How is the limit counted? For example, if the user sends one message that is CC or BCC 20,000 users, does it count as a single message or 20,000?

cc/bcc are counted because Postfix will send a request to iRedAPD for each recipient. So one mail with 20000 cc/bcc addresses will be expanded to 20000 requests sent to iRedAPD and check/apply the throttle settings.

yourtownonline wrote:

Second, from a CLI or elsewhere, how can I determine what iredmail thinks of the current throttle threshholds per user? Like if I want to investigate a user and learn how many emails have been sent durring the current throttle period, how can I determine this?

Check SQL table "iredapd.throttle_tracking". But it's not recommended to update/modify its values unless you're clearly understand what you're doing.