Topic: Blacklisting by CIDR Network Problems

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.3
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?  Downloadable Installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 10.4
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Y
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

I have multiple CIDR Network blocks set up in my blacklist.

173.232.33.0/24  is working.
50.2.209.0/24 is not.   

I have to manually put in entries such as

The only thing that I can see obviously is that 50.0.0.0  is a class A network and 173.232.33.0 is a class C.  Since network classes are pretty much a thing of the past and only subnet masks really matter anymore, I doubt whether this is related, but it's the only thing I can see which could possibly be relevant.

I can see in my admin panel where specific IPs such as 50.2.209.156 are blocking.   Class C networks are blocking.   50.2.209.0/24 is not blocking.

Any ideas?

Re: Blacklisting by CIDR Network Problems

Let me update the above information.

It looks like CIDR Network blocks were only working prior to updating my system yesterday.  My block on 170.130.68.0/24 is failing and I'm having to put each individual IP in manually as the spammer keeps changing their network addresses.  In the last few hours, I've had to add 170.130.68.10,  .16,  .4 and .6 when before it was enough to block the subnet.

Re: Blacklisting by CIDR Network Problems

Where do you put this blacklist?

----

Does my reply help a little? How about buying me a cup of coffee ($5) as an encouragement?

buy me a cup of coffee