Topic: Out of Memory - Killed Process Issues
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.1 Mariadb edition
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MYSQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
It seems that every 3 to 4 days, Ubuntu starts killing off processes due to out of memory. Eventually it will kill off mysqld and Sogod processes eventually killing iredmail.
Hoping to really source the cause of this issue as I have been running iredmail for sometime now and am experiencing this memory issue every 3 to 4 days which a simple restart fixes temporarily.
At one point I simply setup a cron restart every night.
I have disabled clamav and netdata services.
Simply setup, running 3 active mailboxes for personal use. No heavy load of emails inbound/outbound. Lucky if there are 20 emails a day collectively.
I am running on an AWS EC2 instance t2.small which has 2GB RAM. CPU is never an issue.
On reboot, the memory usage hovers around 40% usage. Htop shows man /usr/sbin/mysqld entries taking up 5.6% to 7.5% each.
Would really like a sure way to troubleshoot and actively identify what is causing this. Is it a bug in the build?
Appreciate any advice.