Topic: Mailing List Issue

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release)
==> 1.3.2
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
==>  downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version
==>  Debian Linux 9
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL)
==>  MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx)
==> Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
==> yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

We have two servers one contains iredmail 1.3.2 version and has mlmmjadmin-3.0.4 version and other server with iredmail version 0.9 and has mlmmjadmin-2.1 version.

In server which contains  iredmail 0.9 version and mlmmjadmin-2.1 if subscribers has sent email to the mailing list it will bounce back with this error "Post to abc@domain name denied: subject" which is perfect and we want the same.

it has restriction only Moderators can send email to this list it works perfectly.

In the other server which contains iredmail 1.3.2 version and has mlmmjadmin-3.0.4 if subscribers has send email to the mailing list it will not bounce back and same email delivere to the all owners or Moderators for approval . We want that if subscribers has sent email to the mailing list it will bounce back with the error.

Please let us know what settings needs to do to resolve the issue into iredmail 1.3.2 version and has mlmmjadmin-3.0.4.

mailing list setting of the both server has been attached for ref.

Thanks
Sunil

Post's attachments

Screenshot_2021-04-08 Edit account profile.png 61.81 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

Screenshot_2021-04-08 Edit account profile2.png 62.31 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Mailing List Issue

RajeshM wrote:

In the other server which contains iredmail 1.3.2 version and has mlmmjadmin-3.0.4 if subscribers has send email to the mailing list it will not bounce back and same email delivere to the all owners or Moderators for approval . We want that if subscribers has sent email to the mailing list it will bounce back with the error.

Go to the mailing list profile page in iRedAdmin-Pro, it should be easy to find the option. smile

----

Buy me a cup of coffee ($5) to support iRedMail:

buy me a cup of coffee

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
RajeshM wrote:

Go to the mailing list profile page in iRedAdmin-Pro, it should be easy to find the option. smile

Hi,

i have compare both server mailing list abc@abc.com is mailing list from iredmail 0.9 server and xyz@xyz.com is from iredmail 1.3 server both are exactly same.

Can you please let me know were should i change the setting.

Thanks
Sunil

Dear Sunil,

Could you please upgrade iRedAPD to the latest 5.0, and mlmmjadmin to 3.1 and try again?
Let me know if you still hae the issue.

----

Buy me a cup of coffee ($5) to support iRedMail:

buy me a cup of coffee

5 (edited by RajeshM Yesterday 15:16:45)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Dear Sunil,

Could you please upgrade iRedAPD to the latest 5.0, and mlmmjadmin to 3.1 and try again?
Let me know if you still hae the issue.

Hi,

we have created demo server with Debian 9 and install latest version of iredmail-1.4.0, iRedAPD-5.0 and mlmmjadmin-3.1 on to it,  still having same issue after done testing about mailing list.

In addition to this even if sender's email id is not in the subscribers or owners or Moderators list still sender can email it to the mailing list.

Also when i try to update new Moderator in iredmail-1.4.0 it gives me error "Error: Permission denied"

Subscribers getting updated properly.

Thanks
Sunil