1 (edited by mikekgr 2022-01-03 06:16:48)

Topic: Global, for a domain, enabling MS office files receiving

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):  1.4.2
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu server 20.04.3
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL (MariaDB)
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
====

Dear Sirs, first of all I wish to all of you for a great year 2022.
I currently I have iRedMail 1.4.2 installed at my Ubuntu server 20.04.3 and mostly I access the emails using Roundcube Webmail that currently is at version 1.4.13.  I saw that by default amavisd blocking MS office files so, can I enable banned_rulenames="ALLOW_MS_OFFICE" for all domains emails ex if the domain is exambledomain.com to enable it for all email users of this domain ?
Thanks

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Global, for a domain, enabling MS office files receiving

Any answer or comment on my question?
@iRedMail ?

Thanks.

mikekgr wrote:

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):  1.4.2
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu server 20.04.3
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL (MariaDB)
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
====

Dear Sirs, first of all I wish to all of you for a great year 2022.
I currently I have iRedMail 1.4.2 installed at my Ubuntu server 20.04.3 and mostly I access the emails using Roundcube Webmail that currently is at version 1.4.13.  I saw that by default amavisd blocking MS office files so, can I enable banned_rulenames="ALLOW_MS_OFFICE" for all domains emails ex if the domain is exambledomain.com to enable it for all email users of this domain ?
Thanks

mikekgr wrote:

I saw that by default amavisd blocking MS office files so, can I enable banned_rulenames="ALLOW_MS_OFFICE" for all domains emails ex if the domain is exambledomain.com to enable it for all email users of this domain ?

You can create a per-domain spam policy in SQL table "amavisd.policy" and update column "banned_rulenames".

With iRedAdmin-Pro (https://www.iredmail.org/admin_panel.html), you can easily enable it with few clicks on its web UI.

Many thanks. I will follow the SQL way as I am with iRedAdmin (not PRO).

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
mikekgr wrote:

I saw that by default amavisd blocking MS office files so, can I enable banned_rulenames="ALLOW_MS_OFFICE" for all domains emails ex if the domain is exambledomain.com to enable it for all email users of this domain ?

You can create a per-domain spam policy in SQL table "amavisd.policy" and update column "banned_rulenames".

With iRedAdmin-Pro (https://www.iredmail.org/admin_panel.html), you can easily enable it with few clicks on its web UI.