1 (edited by richardg 2023-01-22 18:44:30)

Topic: LDAP ShadowAlias

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.6.2
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian Bullseye
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): NGINX
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? no
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Recipient address rejected: User unknown (in
reply to RCPT command)

LDAP shadowalias setup as per "LDAP backend: Manage per-user alias addresses" - but it doesn't work; just get the error above. Rebooted in case it a case of something not loaded, but no joy. There's obviously a step missing that's undocumented ...

Oh and doing a forum search for 'alias' doesn't work .. just results in a blank screen .. an enforced wait for 30 sec, followed by another blank screen - so if the answer to the above is somewhere in the forums, I can't find it ...

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: LDAP ShadowAlias

How odd. I've done nothing other than be 'out' since this morning .. and they're now working(!).
A couple of aliases seem to have had a hidden character in, but the rest were ok. Only thing I can think of is that even though the entries appeared in the LDAP db immediately, they -for some reason I can't explain- weren't visible to the search query immediately. A similar thing seems to have happened with my email provider (Duocircle) - I setup the equivalent aliases in there, and whilst they appeared to have been in place, it took time for them to filter through the (Duocircle) system to become effective.

The lesson therefore, seems to be 'time' - even though account changes are put in place, the surrounding mechanisms - even if they're apparently confined to a particular system, can still take some indefinite time before they come into effect. Odd though, especially when everything is on one (virtual) machine!