Topic: User deleted, sieve rules not

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.6.4
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 11
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): OPENLDAP edition
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Dear all,

i deleted a user a while ago and as expected he is not in the database anymore and the directory under /var/vmail/vmail1... is deleted, too. After a few month i created a new user with the same name and i realized that the sieve rules in /var/vmail/sieve... still exists (like for all of the deleted users). A problem on my side only or can someone confirm? It would be nice, if that would be deleted with iredadmin(Pro), too.

Best Regards

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: User deleted, sieve rules not

there are global sieve rules and local (for each user)

the one in /var/vmail/sieve/dovecot.sieve is a global (sieve before) rule that affects all mailboxes and is used to move spam mails into the spam folder

Dear Cthulhu,

thanks for your reply.
It's not about the global sieve-rule, i 'll try to explain again.

I have a user with the emailadress user@example.com. If you delete the user in iredadmin, the users directory in the filesystem - in my case /var/vmail/vmail1/example.com/u/s/e/user... -  will be deleted, too (like the next day or whatever you choosed during the deleting process).
His personal sieve rules, which are stored in /var/vmail/sieve/example.com/user/ will not be deleted.
So when creating a user with the same name years later, the old sieve rules will match for him. I was wondering why the personal sieve rules would not get deleted by iredadmin ...

/var/vmail/sieve doesn't have any subdirectoryies or any files beside dovecot.sieve

Do you use the LDAP-Edition?