Topic: SOGo Active Sync problems iOS generel

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): latest
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Yes
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 20.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi guys,

i know there are a another topics with this issue, but maybe there is a working solution for my problem.

My iOS devices brake the push connection to SOGo after some hours, they have a ping in the log file but pushing the new content doesn´t work any more and it drains the battery as well. After a restart from the sogo service it works fine for some hours. There are no special failure messages in the log files so, it always repeat this kind of message:

Sep 13 15:30:49 sogod [83447]: localhost "POST /SOGo/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync?User=daniel@xxxxx.de&DeviceId=RVQF8NK4TT49130C2MG2PT8T44&DeviceType=iPhone&Cmd=Sync HTTP/1.0" 200 0/60 0.125 - - 0 - 13
WARNING: MYSQL_OPT_RECONNECT is deprecated and will be removed in a future version.

I tried already to change some attributes in the sogo.conf file like this:
WOMaxUploadSize = 0;
SOGoMaximumMessageSizeLimit = 0;
WOWorkersCount = 60;
SOGoMaximumPingInterval = 3540;
SOGoMaximumSyncInterval = 3540;
SOGoInternalSyncInterval = 5;
WOWatchDogRequestTimeout = 30;
SOGoMaximumSyncResponseSize = 512;

But no changes to according to my problem.

I use iOS 17 on both devices, i have a Ubuntu Server 20.04 with 8 GB RAM, which are 30 % used and a Intel Xeon CPU.

Thank you...

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: SOGo Active Sync problems iOS generel

Please try to turn on debug mode in SOGo for EAS:
https://docs.iredmail.org/debug.sogo.html

Hi ZhangHuangbin,

thank you for the tip.

I have it already on, but i feels like a spam on log files.

What i did yesterday, i put systemctl restart sogo to the crontab every 3 hours, since them it seems to work. But the root cause would be interesting, maybe is it a problem with the new iOS 17 or can you check my sogo.conf for abnormalities?

Best regards

KayDee wrote:

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): latest
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Yes
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 20.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi guys,

i know there are a another topics with this issue, but maybe there is a working solution for my problem.

My iOS devices brake the push connection to SOGo after some hours, they have a ping in the log file but pushing the new content doesn´t work any more and it drains the battery as well. After a restart from the sogo service it works fine for some hours. There are no special failure messages in the log files so, it always repeat this kind of message:

Sep 13 15:30:49 sogod [83447]: localhost "POST /SOGo/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync?User=daniel@xxxxx.de&DeviceId=RVQF8NK4TT49130C2MG2PT8T44&DeviceType=iPhone&Cmd=Sync HTTP/1.0" 200 0/60 0.125 - - 0 - 13
WARNING: MYSQL_OPT_RECONNECT is deprecated and will be removed in a future version.

I tried already to change some attributes in the sogo.conf file like this:
WOMaxUploadSize = 0;
SOGoMaximumMessageSizeLimit = 0;
WOWorkersCount = 60;
SOGoMaximumPingInterval = 3540;
SOGoMaximumSyncInterval = 3540;
SOGoInternalSyncInterval = 5;
WOWatchDogRequestTimeout = 30;
SOGoMaximumSyncResponseSize = 512;

But no changes to according to my problem.

I use iOS 17 on both devices, i have a Ubuntu Server 20.04 with 8 GB RAM, which are 30 % used and a Intel Xeon CPU.

Thank you...

I'm also having the same problem, since updating to iOS 16 that's when the problem occurred. iOS 17 also suffers the same problem,

Here is what I found though, My Inbox that has the problem is a big inbox that's around 1GB in size, Other mail boxes that are smaller has no issues at all. I have other users on this Server too with iOS devices and doesn't have no issues at all.

This is what I am thinking, maybe the Sogo Process is timing out before the devices finishes it's sync with big mail boxes, however testing with Android. Gmail app with Exchange is also the same.

Regards

5 (edited by Cthulhu 2024-04-05 01:26:07)

could be related to dovecot which handles the sync

https://www.sogo.nu/files/docs/SOGoInst … ync_tuning

If you have very large mail folders (thousands of messages), you will need to adjust the word size of your IMAP server. In Dovecot, the parameter to increase is "imap_max_line_length" while under Cyrus IMAP Server, the parameter is "maxword". We suggest a buffer of 2MB.

try this in dovecot.conf

#
# Increase maximum IMAP command line length
#
imap_max_line_length = 2M

You need to add this, iredmail doesn't set this directive so it uses the softcoded default value which is 64k

You need to restart dovecot afterwards

Would apreciate a feedback if this solves the problem, if so i gonna prep a pull request to implement in furter releases and updates