Topic: iRedMail-0.9.4 has been released.

Dear all,

iRedMail-0.9.4 stable release has been released.

iRedMail-0.9.4 is a bug fix release, it fixes several issues in iRedMail installer, no additional new features introduced. Below are detailed changes since iRedMail-0.9.3:

New script tool
  • tools/fail2ban_unban_ip.sh. Used to unban specified IP addresses from ALL fail2ban jails.

Fixed issues
  • Not enable port 25 in OpenBSD PF rule.

• Not detect IPv6 support on server. This causes Dovecot cannot start.

• Not correct set file permission of /etc/mail/mailer.conf on FreeBSD.

• Not install port 'www/sogo-activesync' (instead of 'www/sogo') on FreeBSD.

• Installation inside FreeBSD Jail:

• Not correctly set MySQL/PostgreSQL/SOGo/Amavisd bind addresses.

• Not updating Postfix `mynetworks=` to use specified local address. Thanks Peter2121 <peter _at_ flytrace.com> for the report in forum.

• Use only 2 DNSBL services in postscreen service: zen.spamhaus.org, b.barracudacentral.org.

• Cannot use specified MySQL root password on command line while installing with remote MySQL server.

Updated packages
  • Roundcube webmail -> 1.1.4

• iRedAPD -> 1.8.0

• uwsgi -> 2.0.12 (OpenBSD only)

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iRedMail-0.9.4 has been released.

Reading package lists... Done   
[ INFO ] Fetching source tarballs ...
[ INFO ] + 1 of 3: http://iredmail.org/yum/misc/iRedAdmin-0.5.tar.bz2
[ INFO ] + 2 of 3: http://iredmail.org/yum/misc/iRedAPD-1.8.0.tar.bz2
[ INFO ] + 3 of 3: http://iredmail.org/yum/misc/roundcubem … ete.tar.gz
[ INFO ] Validate packages ...
misc/iRedAdmin-0.5.tar.bz2: OK
misc/iRedAPD-1.8.0.tar.bz2: FAILED
misc/roundcubemail-1.1.4-complete.tar.gz: OK
md5sum: WARNING: 1 computed checksum did NOT match
    [ FAILED ]
<< ERROR >> MD5 check failed. Script exit ...

Please re-download iRedMail-0.9.4 and try again.

There are no 0.9.4 upgrade docs posted to the tutorial.....?

is this an automated / scripted install or manual? I ask because I cannot touch roundcubemail and want to make sure it's excluded. Thanks.

fsantiago06111979 wrote:

Please try again:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/iredmail.releases.html

fsantiago06111979 wrote:

is this an automated / scripted install or manual? I ask because I cannot touch roundcubemail and want to make sure it's excluded. Thanks.

Please read explanation in above link:

How upgrading works

*) Usually, upgrading iRedMail is just updating some config files to achieve new features or fix bugs, you do NOT need to download the latest iRedMail and run the script.

*) Do NOT skip releases. Upgrades are only supported from one release to the release immediately following it.

*) If you're looking for upgrading a very old iRedMail server to the latest iRedMail release, there's an alternative solution: Migrating to a new iRedMail server.

For MySQL/MariaDB backends, you need 1 daily cron job:

# iRedMail: Backup MySQL databases (at 03:30AM)
30   3   *   *   *   /bin/bash /var/vmail/backup/backup_pgsql.sh

That should read

# iRedMail: Backup MySQL databases (at 03:30AM)
30   3   *   *   *   /bin/bash /var/vmail/backup/backup_mysql.sh

Dear drsbaitso,

Fixed. Thanks for the feedback.

1st pass at iredapd update script:

ERROR at line 7: Failed to open file '/opt/iredapd/SQL/greylisting_whitelist_domains.sql', error: 2

had to chmod +w the file in question. 2nd pass worked fine. seemingly anyway.

iredadmin upgrade pass:

* [2016-01-25 11:00:34] Query ID of Cluebringer policy group "%internal_domains".
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "sync_cluebringer_internal_domains.py", line 87, in <module>
    limit=1)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/web/db.py", line 682, in select
    return self.query(qout, processed=True)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/web/db.py", line 643, in query
    db_cursor = self._db_cursor()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/web/db.py", line 566, in _db_cursor
    return self.ctx.db.cursor()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/web/db.py", line 507, in _getctx
    self._load_context(self._ctx)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/web/db.py", line 518, in _load_context
    ctx.db = self._connect(self.keywords)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/web/db.py", line 546, in _connect
    return self.db_module.connect(**keywords)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/MySQLdb/__init__.py", line 81, in Connect
    return Connection(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/MySQLdb/connections.py", line 187, in __init__
    super(Connection, self).__init__(*args, **kwargs2)
_mysql_exceptions.OperationalError: (1045, "Access denied for user 'cluebringer'@'localhost' (using password: YES)")

I disabled CB during the last upgrade so is this error ok to ignore?

and by disabling i also uninstalled the package.

also just noticed in my iredapd logs:

2016-01-25 10:55:18 INFO Plugin amavisd_message_size_limit (/opt/iredapd/plugins/amavisd_message_size_limit.py) does not exist.

not sure how long that's been there but i confirmed the file doesn't exist. just remove that settings entry then?

The crontab script to convert SPF DNS record to IP was configured wrongly. It was set to run tools/spf_to_greylisting_whitelists.py but in fact it should be tools/spf_to_greylist_whitelists.py

fsantiago06111979 wrote:

ERROR at line 7: Failed to open file '/opt/iredapd/SQL/greylisting_whitelist_domains.sql', error: 2

Fixed this bug in iRedAPD upgrade script (tools/upgrade_iredapd.sh).

fsantiago06111979 wrote:

I disabled CB during the last upgrade so is this error ok to ignore?

Which version of iRedAdmin-Pro are you trying to upgrade? The latest iRedAdmin-Pro release doesn't run script 'tools/sync_cluebringer_internal_domains.py' at all.

fsantiago06111979 wrote:

2016-01-25 10:55:18 INFO Plugin amavisd_message_size_limit (/opt/iredapd/plugins/amavisd_message_size_limit.py) does not exist.

It's safe to ignore. And you should remove plugin name 'amavisd_message_size_limit' in /opt/iredapd/settings.py. This plugin was removed in iRedAPD-1.7.0.

kwelong wrote:

The crontab script to convert SPF DNS record to IP was configured wrongly. It was set to run tools/spf_to_greylisting_whitelists.py but in fact it should be tools/spf_to_greylist_whitelists.py

Fixed this error in iRedAPD upgrade script (tools/upgrade_iredapd.sh).

=============
Dear all,

I repacked iRedAPD-1.8.0 and iRedMail-0.9.4, if you experience MD5 verification error, please re-download iRedMail-0.9.4 and try again.

For the write permissions bug, I'm good with what I did right? Your fix will simply prevent it in the future?

For your iredadmin pro question, I'm not using pro. I downloaded the open source edition and it did that.

Thanks and I did remove that plugin definition.

what does the table under iredapd called greylisting_whitelist_domains do? icloud.com is listed in there so i presumed those emails would be whitelisted but this wasn't the case until i added my sender(s) to the table greylisting_whitelists.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
fsantiago06111979 wrote:

Please try again:
http://www.iredmail.org/iredmail.releases.html

Still does not work.

fsantiago06111979 wrote:

For the write permissions bug, I'm good with what I did right? Your fix will simply prevent it in the future?

It's ok.

fsantiago06111979 wrote:

what does the table under iredapd called greylisting_whitelist_domains do? icloud.com is listed in there so i presumed those emails would be whitelisted but this wasn't the case until i added my sender(s) to the table greylisting_whitelists.

This is whitelisted mail domains for only greylisting, the cron job "/opt/iredapd/tools/spf_to_greylist_whitelists.py" will query its SPF and MX records and whitelist its IP addresses/networks, when '@icloud.com' sends email to your server, iRedAPD will not apply greylisting on it.

snarfies wrote:

Still does not work.

My mistake, wrong URL. Please use this one:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/iredmail.releases.html

could there be some delay or possibility that domains won't have their IP's resolved or at least not accurately and could still be greylisted? i ask because icloud.com is in the domains table but an email from such was still greylisted until i added it manually to the other table  as such:

@.
@icloud.com

fsantiago06111979 wrote:

could there be some delay or possibility that domains won't have their IP's resolved or at least not accurately and could still be greylisted? i ask because icloud.com is in the domains table but an email from such was still greylisted until i added it manually to the other table  as such:

Could you please show us related Postfix log for troubleshooting? It's better to post in a new forum topic.

22 (edited by daavek 2016-01-29 02:54:28)

Hello,
I just ran the upgrade from 0.9.2 to 0.9.3, then 0.9.3 to 0.9.4.  I thought I performed all the steps, but something is not correct.  All external emails are getting rejected I see this message in /var/log/maillog:
warning: restriction check_sender_access: bad argument "check_sender_access": need maptype:mapname
please help.

EDIT:
Oh, one error did occur during the upgrade: 
running "python migrate_cluebringer_greylisting.py" had an error "_mysql_exceptions.OperationalError: (2003, "Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (111)")"

I am able to reset the password in mysql for cluebringer, but I am not sure how the mysql password is encoded in /etc/policyd/cluebringer.conf.

daavek wrote:

warning: restriction check_sender_access: bad argument "check_sender_access": need maptype:mapname

Looks like something wrong in this step:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/upgrade.ir … on-methods

Do you use "check_sender_access pcre:/etc/postfix/sender_access.pcre"? Or without 'pcre:'?

Installation on Freebsd in jail ends mistake

* Start iRedMail Configurations
[ INFO ] Create self-signed SSL certification files (2048 bits).
[ INFO ] Generate a strong, unique Diffie Hellman Group with openssl, please wai                                                                                        t.
[ INFO ] Create required system account: vmail, iredadmin, iredapd.
[ INFO ] Configure Nginx web server and uWSGI.
[ INFO ] Configure PHP.
[ INFO ] Configure MariaDB database server.
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: Y                                                                                        ES)
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: Y                                                                                        ES)
[ INFO ] Setup daily cron job to backup SQL databases with /var/vmail/backup/bac                                                                                        kup_mysql.sh
[ INFO ] Configure Postfix (Message Transfer Agent).
[ INFO ] Configure Dovecot (pop3/imap/managesieve server).
[ INFO ] Configure ClamAV (anti-virus toolkit).
[ INFO ] Configure Amavisd-new (interface between MTA and content checkers).
[ INFO ] Configure SpamAssassin (content-based spam filter).
[ INFO ] Configure iRedAPD (postfix policy daemon).
[ INFO ] Configure iRedAdmin (official web-based admin panel).
[ INFO ] Configure Roundcube webmail.
[ INFO ] Configure SOGo Groupware (Webmail, Calendar, Address Book, ActiveSync).

Grzesiek wrote:

Installation on Freebsd in jail ends mistake

Did you install iRedMail with "LOCAL_ADDRESS=XX.XX.XX.XX bash iRedMail.sh" inside Jail?