Topic: MySQL/MariaDB 'Got an error reading communication packets'

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.3.1 MARIADB edition
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS Linux release 8.2.2004 (Core)
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi.
I am receiving several notices every two minutes, this server records an error like this in the MariaDB error log:

Sep 4 09:32:44 mail mysqld [1155]: 2020-09-04 9:32:44 33911 [Warning] Aborted connection 33911 to db: 'vmail' user: 'vmail' host: 'localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)

I found a similar topic, but it is already closed and I was unable to post there. https://forum.iredmail.org/topic16256-m … ckets.html

How can I solve? I saw that CentOS 8 is supported by iRedAdmin

Thanks

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: MySQL/MariaDB 'Got an error reading communication packets'

I didn't fix this issue. It looks like a MariaDB issue, but i didn't find a solution yet. sad

I *think* I know this question.  I recall seeing the same in my logs, but if you dig around on various sites, you may find those are "normal" communication error messages in the mysql protocol, and they self-correct with the next connection, which happens automatically.

Unless you're seeing messages not delivered or major performance issues, you may be able to just ignore or suppress them with a mysql config setting.

Hi.

I feel that I lose performance with this situation.
If it's a bug in mariadb 10.3, can't we upgrade to 10.4?

thanks