1 (edited by cesar.henrique 2021-02-22 22:57:56)

Topic: Problem while sending emails

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.9
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes, version 4.4
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Good morning!

I have a little problem with my e-mails. We have about 18 domains and we are slowly migrating to GSuite (Google).

I'm having problem with 1 domain. We managed to migrate every account and message to GSuite and set the correct DNS, MX and all the other necessary records.

When all the messages were being delivered to Google, we disabled the domain in our IRedMail Server. But here is the problem: when we send any message using another domain that is in our server, it won't be delivered to the Google server, even with the destination domain disabled in our IRedMail.

It's like the server is still considering our domain as internal, even if it is disabled.

How can I fix this? I would not like to delete the domain yet, I thought when I disabled, it would understand that It should be delivered to the external domain.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I forgot to mention (and I know this is an important information) that the messages sent by external services such as Outlook, Hotmail and others are being delivered normally in the domain we have in Google Suit, so we know everything is fine in the configurations.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Problem while sending emails

Hello again.

I managed to solve the problem, at least partially. I followed this link: https://www.payetteforward.com/disable- … iredmail/.

Basically I configured a relay for my domain pointing to Google MX.

But I still have one problem that I could need some help.

If I activate the domain in my IRedMail Pro, and try to send messages from the domain in Google Suite destinated to my remaining local IRedMail domains, I get an error message.

554 5.7.1 <email@domain>: Recipient address rejected: SMTP AUTH is required for users under this sender domain.

Any idea on a workaround?

The most severe problem is solved, but this would help us finish the job.

Thanks again!

It looks like an iRedAPD issue which caused by incorrect SQL query, it should check domain status while checking (local) domain existence.

I checked iRedAPD source code, and it seems fine. I wonder whether you have correctly disabled the domain.

Could you please show me the output of SQL commands below:

USE vmail;
SELECT domain,active WHERE domain="<YOUR-DISABLED-DOMAIN>" LIMIT 1;

4 (edited by cesar.henrique 2021-02-26 00:48:50)

Hi Zhang!

Thanks for the answer.

Well, I disabled using the web interface. We basically never do any configuration using SSH or directly in the database.

You can see how it looks like in the following image: https://ibb.co/s695bxh

Anyway, unfortunetly, I have no access to the database right now. I might have to ask if someone else has access to try and use the command you suggested.

Is it possible to enable debug mode in iRedAPD and trigger the issue manually? then paste me the full iRedAPD log lines related to this testing email.

FYI: https://docs.iredmail.org/debug.iredapd.html

6 (edited by cesar.henrique 2021-03-18 00:45:18)

Hey Zhang!

Sorry for the late reply, I had health problems and got back to work only this week.

I'll try to do what you told me, and then I'll post the log.

EDIT:

I'm sorry, I added some information without explaining.

The problem above, which you answered to, is still happening. But we keep the domain disabled, so we kind of worked around it.

However, it is still weird... In the disabled domain statistics (sent / received / quarantined), the server is showing that this domain is sending emails as if they were sent through the server, but we are using Gmail.

Thanks!

You have to check Postfix log file to extract related log lines and paste here for troubleshooting. It's too hard to troubleshoot with the short description.