Topic: one Pro License, additional usage on ad-hoc turned on testing server
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
we have a pro license, and we would like to keep our testing server also with the pro license, specifically to test upgrades, new features of the Restful API, etc. before we do the same on the production server.
I read here https://forum.iredmail.org/post41738.html#p41738 that "we shouldn't run the migration server for a long time"
and here "https://forum.iredmail.org/post51325.html#p51325" that for the restful API, running a test machine seems reasonable.
So would that be also an acceptable use of our 1 Pro license (I think our idea how to stage testing/upgrades might not be so rare):
1) we have a license for our production server which runs 24/7
2) we use this license on our test server as well, but the test server is only turned on before we do testing (e.g. test things we haven't any experience to do regularly, like API calls, etc), or upgrades (to make sure our production config runs 100% after the upgrade). Otherwise the test server is turned off. Additionally it will only send very few emails (something like 50/month), and only hold test accounts.
----Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team.