Topic: Cannot send mail from Roundcube after update to 1.6

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.6.1
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 20.04.5
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MariaDB
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

After the upgrade I cannot send mail from roundcube as it seems. I get a red fault in the lower right corner where it says SMTP Error (): Authentication failed

I can send from cmdline and from my phone but not with roundcube. In /etc/postfix/main.cf I have configured a relayhost =.... if that matters. My phone is configured to connect to the mail server and not to the relay.

Any advice?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Cannot send mail from Roundcube after update to 1.6

Nov 22 20:29:28 multibot roundcube: <i3dmt91h> PHP Error: SMTP server does not support authentication (POST /mail/?_task=mail&_unlock=loading1669145367148&_framed=1&_action=send)

I see now that you do not recommend the 1.60 release of Roundcube. Was that message there all along? I have not seen it until I checked now! Do you know if it works to downgrade to 1.5.3 the same way as the update works?

4 (edited by zammy 2022-11-23 04:50:07)

Got it working eventually. Had to set the smtp_host to tls://localhost:587 and not only localhost:587

Few changes are required if you upgrade Roundcube to 1.6.0. https://forum.iredmail.org/post84373.html#p84373

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Few changes are required if you upgrade Roundcube to 1.6.0. https://forum.iredmail.org/post84373.html#p84373

Thanks for your reply!

FYI, the imap_host was added automatically in the upgrade.

Do you get all issues fixed?